Tuesday, July 23, 2013

While sitting on a stone bench in front of the Museum today, I struck up a conversation with a fellow photography enthusiast.  Over the last year I've had many conversations with this particular fellow, he has taught me much about using my Nikon and even more about the simplicity that comes with slowing down and seeing the little details of life.  Today our topic shifted from focusing the camera, to catching action shots, to close up photography.  Throughout our conversation, I felt myself getting more and more excited about taking pictures, which of course made me crack a "joke" about how many pictures I take, laughing about how at the zoo alone I took 200 or more photos in one day, and how of those, I really only intend to show people 15-30.  That is when he said it... "are those 15-30 pictures worth it? Are they photographs to be proud of? To which of course I said "yes, I am incredibly proud of them"  and thats when I realized what he was getting at.  So it took me 200 pictures, but in those 200 pictures, I got real, action packed shots, that I love.  And that my friends is the magic of digital photography... I have the ability to take thousands of photos (10,000 to be exact with my current memory card), so there is no limit to the number of pictures I can take, no limit to how creative I can be with my shots, and no limit to my potential as a photographer.  Here are a few photos from my travels around the museum today. 





No comments:

Post a Comment